Saturday, October 3, 2009

Jake's first football game

I can handle this....he has been practicing for weeks.

I try to sit in my chair but I feel like my heart is going to burst out of my chest.

I stand. There is about 3 minutes till game time.

The White Eagles take the field, he is on the bench.

I can handle this.

First play -we take the ball. I can handle this.

HE COMES OFF THE BENCH... this is good... I can handle this

I run to the fence, my chest is throbbing.

The ball is hiked, and everything goes into slooooooowwwww moootioooon.

I see his skinny wrist with his red medical bracelet charge at the boy in front of him.

I don't hear any sound, I can't breath, I can feel the tears welling up- here it comes.

My husband takes my drink, and tells me he is fine, he isn't going to get hurt,

Please God, protect him, please-----I feel peace.

I can handle this.

Epilepsy WILL not hold him back- he is determined-

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great! And if you ever need cheesecake/Diet DP/ice cream, etc. to help...you just let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete