Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Birthday Banner




Whitney's 7th birthday was last month and I still have her banner hanging in the living room. I could say that I just haven't had time and we've been too busy, but that would be a lie. No I keep it up because I reminds me of two things. 1-My kids are getting big. I hate this. It actually physically pains me to see them get older. I cherish each and every day that I have with them and never ever take it for granted. Pretty soon they will be driving cars, going on dates and I know I will long for the days when they would curl up on the couch with me to watch a movie or read them a book. I know its coming, and even typing this now I am flinching at the thought of my babies getting big on me.




The second reason I keep it is that it reminds me how happy she was (and it wasn't just the gifts.) She was thrilled to have her special day with her family and friends. The look on her face was pure joy, and I loved every minute of it. So I have to admit, I feel a little like Ms. Haversham from Great Expectations. But it isn't an ugly wedding dress and I threw out the left over cake (the little there was) so I think keeping it up just a little longer is okay. Well until its is time for my Christmas garland........






1 comment:

  1. geez..I dont even have kids and I can barely make it through your blogs without tearing up! :)

    ReplyDelete