Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthdays

Today my husband and I went shopping for our two oldest boys birthdays (which are fast approaching -11 & 8 YIKES!). I love celebrating birthdays. At times I have been known to be....yes- I admitt it... a little over the top for their birthdays. I just can't help myself. To me, celebrating the day they were born, well it just doesn't get much better then that. They day they entered this earth, was the best days of my life (all 4 of them). Plus a birthday is your day, Christmas, Easter, Halloween, you have to share those, but a birthday is all yours. So I indulge...

I started a tradition a couple a years ago, on their birthday they get one package to open (cards are included) for each year they have been born. So Jake, who turns 8 next week gets 8 packages, they are not big gifts (guitar sunglasses and dollar tree water gun to name a couple)but it is more about making "their day" special, and making sure that they know how much we love them. I love to see how excited they are opening their gifts, blowing out their candles, and then teasing their dad about making a wish that his feet stunk a little less.

We didn't finish picking out everything, we are still comparing prices and trying to get a hint for what they REALLY want and in the end I am sure of two things 1- I will spend a little bit too much money (oh well) and 2- My kids will have a great day and know that I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment