Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bathroom Beauty Shop

So my back bathroom is our beauty parlor. Every single day of the week I braid, straighten, curl, spike, cut,etc. etc. etc. in our home's back bathroom. Between four kids and myself, and our endless amount of blow drying, hairspray, and gel the floor back there gets well....YUCK. I try to keep up and every couple days mop up the yuckiness. Today, it was especially gross (it seems my hair is falling out again, due to my recent life stresses). I headed back there with my lemon scented mop & glow and as I started moping I started thinking, (DANGEROUS I KNOW). It seems my life is alot like that yucky bathroom floor. I start out clean, and I try ,I really do, to do what is right. But it seems over time(days, weeks, minutes) I get this junk built up. Sometimes its envy or jealousy sometimes I have anger and control issues but then here comes God. Now its not lemon scented, but he cleans me up. His grace blankets me with reassurance, and I know only through him can I truly get clean, and rid of all my yuckies. I just want to be a good person. If Loving God and Loving People is my ultimate goal, how do I keep from getting gross? I think I have to start by letting go and just let him do the mopping, not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment